Training and Placement Cell
Prof. Prakash J Patil is the Incharge of the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering.He obtained his M.Tech from JNTU Kakinada and he has more than 10 years of teaching experience.He published six papers in various National and International journals/conferences.
He conducted a couple of short term courses, seminars, workshops and delivered few expert lectures.He is expert at guiding projects for UG & PG students, guiding students for paper presentation, project exhibition and poster presentation.He is very active at conducting Career counseling to the students.
Additional responsible duties of the college carried out efficiently by his including Training and Placement Officer (TPO), JKC-Coordinator (IEG-JKC), SPOC- for Infosys Campus Connect Program/Soft Skills, SPOC- for IEG-JKC Soft skills and AICTE / Affiliation work.
Now he is teaching for UG and PG students. During his past 10 years of teaching he taught several subjects of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Training and Placement Cell
- The Training and Placement Cell has started with a vision to provide excellent training to the student so that they can work in multinational companies and become good entrepreneurs.
- Pursuing this vision, the Department of Placements was established in the year 1997.
- Since then thise has been no looking back in the field of placements.
- Our students have been offered jobs in many top notch companies like Oracle, ADP, IBM Technologies, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Convergys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro Technologies, Sierra Atlantic software services Ltd., Wipro Technologies. and many more.
- The cell coordinates various training activities like soft skill, communication skills, aptitude and technical skills and certification programs like Infosys campus connect foundation program, DB2, Microsoft certification.
- It also provides career guidance like abroad studies GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, GATE, GMAT and CAT. Students will be made technically sound, outstanding performers and excellent leaders. Apart from all we are keeping industry interaction with a Sierra Atlantic Software Services Ltd.
- company for acquaintance of real time working and bring into knowledge with emerging technologies to our students.
- Most of our students are getting selected through IEG-JKC. Our students are excelling both in on campus and off campus recruitment drives.
- This Training and Placement Cell is headed by Prof. Prakash J Patil (PhD).He has more than 10 years of experience in training.
We are having JKC-Star Centre. It was initially started as JKC (Jawahar Knowledge Center) in the year 2006 and it is upgraded to JKC-Star Center in 2007. It is co-ordinated by Institute of Electronic Governance (IEG-Govt. of A.P.)
JKC is an innovative and pioneering initiative that attracts the best students from all over the state, providing them with a world class infrastructure and opportunities to apply their knowledge to the challenging problems.
Most of our JKC registered students are placed in various companies both in IT and software development as well as in core industries. :: Facilities at JKC-Star Center
- Placements to students in multinational companies (MNC)
- To provide training for company selected students from various colleges of A.P. state who have selected through Institute of Electronic Governance (IEG-JKC)
- Providing excellent training on soft skills, communication skills and aptitude skills to excel in the Campus Placements.
- It is also providing exclusive training on Technical Modules which is offered by the campus connect of Infosys company.
Benefits to students
- Career Awareness/ Planning Workshops
- Excellent training for 2-3 years
- Training Practice on employable skills
- Training by Enabled Faculty/ Industry
- Focus to assessment Tests
- Co- curricular activities to enhance Communication and Soft skills
- Campus Placement with Major MNCs
- Employment Opportunities through Rajiv Udyogasri Portal
- Industry Orientation
- Industry related Projects
- Certifications programs like DB2, Microsoft and Infosys-Campus Connect foundation Program
COLLEGE STUDENT PLACEMENT DETAILS
Our faculties take a genuine interest in the students and are willing to offer more than their time and assistance. Regular meetings with the faculty advisors help us to short out our problems regarding personal, subjective and etc. An assortment of technical workshops & seminars are organized by the institute to provide us the knowledge of current trends of engineering industries, job search skills, and interviewing tips.(Students)
My son getting an admission into VREC was one of the best things that happened for him. He made friends from different cultures and sensibilities and has learned to respect them. The college, through it's various activities, provided him a platform to improve his communication skills, leadership qualities and academics as well. The teachiss are very very supportive throughout his graduation. My son respects this institution so much that he still visits his faculty whenever he gets time.(Parents)