Training and Placement Cell
Please refer to this TPO Document
Training and Placement Office
The Training and Placement Office (TPO) facilitates the students to explore the world of employment and entrepreneurship. It helps the students in their career planning based on their interests, aptitudes and abilities so that they can choose their career more effectively. The objective of the Training and Placement Cell is to develop the students by training them towards employability skills such as spoken English, critical thinking, interpersonal skills, resume building, group discussion and interview skills which help the students to move into a desired occupation and/or apply in prestigious postgraduate and professional schools.
Training and Placement Office is partnered with Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) in developing the students on every dimension. It has MoUs with many companies such as Mouri Tech, NBOS, Sukhjit Starch Mills, Classic Papers, ATS for providing industrial training and absorbing them as employees after training.
TPO also provides career guidance like abroad studies GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, and provides support to write various competitive exams like GATE, GMAT, CAT, MAT, Civil Services Exam, UGC-NET, IBPS. Students are trained in different soft ware like CAD, SAP, SPSS, and MS-Excel, so that students are made industry ready.
It also provides necessary information to the students on employment opportunities published in different media such as news paper, websites, televisions, social media such as face book, Whats app, Linkedin, etc.
The Training and Placement Office is focussing on entrepreneurship development, for which students are given practical knowledge by inviting industry experts from top notch companies and new start up companies to share their experience and give them needed support. Experts from Entrepreneurship Development Cell are invited for motivating the students to become entrepreneurs. Students are encouraged to take up real problems for their project which will give them ample knowledge and skills. Interestingly some of our students have started their own business, some of them being self –employed.
Campus recruitments are organized every year. The College has state-of-the-art facilities that make campus recruitment a pleasant experience. Our UG and PG students have been offered jobs in many top notch companies like Oracle, ADP, IBM Technologies, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Genpact, Accenture, Convergys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro Technologies, Sierra Atlantic software services Ltd., Axis Bank, Bank of Maharastra, Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC Bank, Muthoot Finance, Nielson India, Orange Retail Finance, Jio Digital, Heritage, and many more.
Training and Placement Cell
- The Training and Placement Cell has started with a vision to provide excellent training to the student so that they can work in multinational companies and become good entrepreneurs.
- Pursuing this vision, the Department of Placements was established in the year 1997.
- Since then thise has been no looking back in the field of placements.
- Our students have been offered jobs in many top notch companies like Oracle, ADP, IBM Technologies, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Convergys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro Technologies, Sierra Atlantic software services Ltd., Wipro Technologies. and many more.
- The cell coordinates various training activities like soft skill, communication skills, aptitude and technical skills and certification programs like Infosys campus connect foundation program, DB2, Microsoft certification.
- It also provides career guidance like abroad studies GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, GATE, GMAT and CAT. Students will be made technically sound, outstanding performers and excellent leaders. Apart from all we are keeping industry interaction with a Sierra Atlantic Software Services Ltd.
- company for acquaintance of real time working and bring into knowledge with emerging technologies to our students.
- Most of our students are getting selected through IEG-JKC. Our students are excelling both in on campus and off campus recruitment drives.
- This Training and Placement Cell is headed by Prof. Prakash J Patil (PhD).He has more than 10 years of experience in training.
We are having JKC-Star Centre. It was initially started as JKC (Jawahar Knowledge Center) in the year 2006 and it is upgraded to JKC-Star Center in 2007. It is co-ordinated by Institute of Electronic Governance (IEG-Govt. of A.P.)
JKC is an innovative and pioneering initiative that attracts the best students from all over the state, providing them with a world class infrastructure and opportunities to apply their knowledge to the challenging problems.
Most of our JKC registered students are placed in various companies both in IT and software development as well as in core industries. :: Facilities at JKC-Star Center
- Placements to students in multinational companies (MNC)
- To provide training for company selected students from various colleges of A.P. state who have selected through Institute of Electronic Governance (IEG-JKC)
- Providing excellent training on soft skills, communication skills and aptitude skills to excel in the Campus Placements.
- It is also providing exclusive training on Technical Modules which is offered by the campus connect of Infosys company.
Benefits to students
- Career Awareness/ Planning Workshops
- Excellent training for 2-3 years
- Training Practice on employable skills
- Training by Enabled Faculty/ Industry
- Focus to assessment Tests
- Co- curricular activities to enhance Communication and Soft skills
- Campus Placement with Major MNCs
- Employment Opportunities through Rajiv Udyogasri Portal
- Industry Orientation
- Industry related Projects
- Certifications programs like DB2, Microsoft and Infosys-Campus Connect foundation Program
COLLEGE STUDENT PLACEMENT DETAILS
Our faculties take a genuine interest in the students and are willing to offer more than their time and assistance. Regular meetings with the faculty advisors help us to short out our problems regarding personal, subjective and etc. An assortment of technical workshops & seminars are organized by the institute to provide us the knowledge of current trends of engineering industries, job search skills, and interviewing tips.(Students)
My son getting an admission into VREC was one of the best things that happened for him. He made friends from different cultures and sensibilities and has learned to respect them. The college, through it's various activities, provided him a platform to improve his communication skills, leadership qualities and academics as well. The teachiss are very very supportive throughout his graduation. My son respects this institution so much that he still visits his faculty whenever he gets time.(Parents)