B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Department was established in the Academic year 1997-1998 with an intake of 40, later it is gradually increased to 60 in the year 1998-1999.M.Tech with Machine Design Specialization started in 2012-13 with intake of 18 seats
- The ever green mighty Mechanical Department is headed by eminent Prof. P.Sampath Rao with 24 years of teaching experience. The Department is proud to have an Illustrious faculty with three Professors, one Assoc. Professor and 14 Assistant Professors which has ensured a high degree of success for its pupils. The staff members have published many National & International Papers in Journals. Department has got patent and other patent application has been filed.
- The Department is working with full-fledged and is glared up with latest Equipments in tune, adapting latest trends in the field of teaching like E- Class room, Digital Libraries, Power point presentations, Visual aids...
- The Department has well established laboratories such as Thermal Engineering lab, S M lab, CAD /CAM LAB with 30 systems, machine Tools labs, Heat Transfer labs etc.
- A large number of students are taking up project with Innovative ideas of Fabricated and Designed based,in Collaboration with the Industries which keep them a breast of the latest development in the field of Technology. The students received Excellent results in GATE,GRE, TOEFELL, CAT etc. The Alumnus from our branch are in various M N C Companies serving in senior posts including Group officers in the Govt. of A.P. Click here to view HOD profile
To achieve high quality Mechanical Engineers competing the global standards in education, research and services with effective communications skills and technical knowledge with the attitudes of entrepreneurial, ethical and social concern.
To impart quality technical education with well established mechanical engineering laboratories and instructions to prepare the young mechanical engineers with the knowledge of basic sciences ,core values, critical thinking, information competency, effective communication skills and to compete globally in education, research and services with the attitudes of enterpreneural,ethical and social concern.
- To create facilities in Emerging Areas.
- To improve Industry- Institution Interaction.
- To organise Summer Schools / Winter schools /Workshops / Conferences / Seminars.
Name of the Laboratories
- Basic Work Shop
- Production Technology Lab
- S.M. Lab
- F.M and H.M Lab
- Thermal Engg Lab
- Metellurgy Lab
- Heat Transfer Lab
- Machine Tools Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Metrology Lab
- M.Tech Simulation Lab