B.Tech - Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1997 to cater the rapidly growing demand for qualified engineers in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- The need of the hour is to keep a breast of the technological advancements happening in the developed countries.
- Our goal is to provide education and up to date information to the students, so that they find place in the fast changing profile of the industry.
- Since from its inception the department is actively involved to bridge the gap between theory and practical knowledge by establishing state of the art laboratories and by appointing dedicated and hard working faculty members. Click here to view HOD profile
- ECE dept. is established in academic year 1997 with an intake of 40. The intake is gradually increased to 60 and then to 120 with two sections by the years. The department has started post graduate course in Master in technology with ECE specialization in academic year 2009.
- The evergreen and blooming department is headed by Prof. Prakash J Patil, with 20 years experience. He was in IEEE nominee for the magazine “ whose who in the world”.
- The dept is working full fledgly and is glared up with latest equipment in tune, adapting latest trend in the field of teaching like E-classroom, digital library, power point presentation visual aids.
- The dept. has well qualified and experienced faculty with four professors, four associate professors, and 24 assistant professors.
- The dept. has good infrastructure facilities with full fledge laboratories such as micro wave and communication lab, simulation lab, digital signal processing lab, electronic devices and circuit lab, E cad lab, pulse and digital circuit lab, digital communications lab, advance signals processing lab(M.Tech), etc..
- A large no. of students are taking up projects in collaboration with the industries which would keep them a breast of the latest development in the field. The students with all the support from the dept. and existing staff are able to perform excellently well in the entrance test like GATE, GRE, TOEFL, CAT, etc..
- Eligible candidates are have secured in various national and multinational companies. The staff members are deputed to participate in workshops , conferences, symposia and refresher courses to keep in pace with recent developments in the electronic field students of our dept. actively participated in national level student paper contests being organized at IIT’s, NIIT’s and various other engineering colleges. Some of then also been awarded in this paper contest.
The objective is to prepare young scientist to act as world science forum leader for the promoting of industrial growth and of the nation and to play a creative role in the society.
To achieve high quality Electronics and Communication Engineers competing the global standards in education, research and services with effective communication skills and technical knowledge with the attitudes of entrepreneurial, ethical and social concern.
To impart quality technical education with well established Electronics and Communication Engineering laboratories and instructions to prepare the young Electronics Engineers with the knowledge of basic sciences, core values, critical thinking, information competency, effective communication skills and to compete globally in education, research and services with the attitudes of entrepreneurial, ethical and social concern.
Name of the Laboratories
- Microwave and OC lab
- Electronic Devices and Circuit Lab
- Basic Simulation Lab
- Communication Lab
- Pulse and Digital Circuits Lab
- Microprocessor and Interfacing Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- E_CAD and VLSI Lab
- ICA Lab
- Network Theory Lab
- Project Lab
- M.Tech Advanced Communication Lab